Image Source: Unsplash
Egypt Travel Guide
The country of Egypt has been a popular tourist destination for centuries, drawing curious travelers from around the world. If you’re thinking about exploring this fascinating and ancient land, here are 9 things you need to know before taking your trip. Find out details about visas, transportation, vaccinations, and more to be well-prepared for your journey – read on to get all the essential tips in this Egypt travel guide!
Table of Contents for Egypt Travel
Welcome to Egypt Here is a helpful table of contents to help you plan your trip.
Introduction to Egypt
- History of Egypt
- Essential Travel Tips for Visiting Egypt
- Safety Measures for Tourists in Egypt
- Accommodation Options in Egypt
- Important Sites to See When Visiting Egypt
- Must Have Experiences in Egpyt
- Money Matters: How To Pay For Goods and Services In Egpyt
- Cultural Differences to be Aware Of When Visiting Egpyt
Introduction to Egypt
If you are planning a trip to Egypt, there are a few things you should know before you travel to Egypt. From the best time to visit to what to pack, this Egypt travel guide will help you plan the perfect trip.
Egypt is a country that has something for everyone – whether you’re looking to explore ancient history, relax on the beach, or experience some of the best scuba diving in the world. But before you book your ticket, there are a few things you should know about visiting Egypt.
When is the best time to visit Egypt?
The best time to visit Egypt depends on what kind of vacation you’re looking for. If you want to spend time on the beach or doing water activities, then the best time to visit is between October and April when the weather is warm but not too hot. However, if you’re interested in ancient history and visiting archaeological sites, then spring (March to May) or autumn (September to November) are better choices since the temperatures aren’t as extreme. Keep in mind that many of Egypt’s archaeological sites are closed during the summer due to the heat.
What should I pack for my trip?
Packing for your trip will depend on what season you’re visiting and what kind of activities you want to do while you’re there. In general, it’s a good idea to pack light clothing that covers your arms
History of Egypt
The history of Egypt is one of the oldest and most intriguing in the world. It dates back to the time of the pharaohs, who ruled over a vast empire that stretched from the Nile River Valley to the Mediterranean Sea.
The earliest recorded history of Egypt dates back to around 3100 BC, when the first Pharaoh, Menes, united Upper and Lower Egypt. For the next three millennia, Egypt would remain one of the most powerful empires in the world.
The Egyptians were renowned for their architectural achievements, such as the construction of the Great Pyramid of Giza, one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. They also developed a system of hieroglyphics – a form of writing that used pictures and symbols – which is still used today.
Over time, however, Egypt began to lose its power and influence. In 332 BC, it was conquered by Alexander the Great and became part of his Hellenistic empire. The last pharaoh, Cleopatra VII, committed suicide after her defeat by Rome in 30 BC. Following this, Egypt became a province of Rome.
During Roman times, Christianity began to spread through Egypt. In AD 395, Emperor Theodosius I declared it to be the official religion of the empire. This led to centuries of conflict between Christians and Muslims culminating in the Arab conquest of Egypt in AD 641.
Despite being ruled by outsiders for much of its history, Egypt has managed to retain its unique
Essential Travel Tips for Visiting Egypt
- Essential Travel Tips for Visiting Egypt
If you are planning a trip to Egypt, there are a few things you should know before you travel. Here are some essential travel tips to help you make the most of your trip:
- Plan your itinerary in advance. There's a lot to see and do in Egypt, so it's important to plan your time wisely. Decide what attractions you want to see and make sure you allow enough time to visit them all.
- Choose the right tour group. There are many different tour groups operating in Egypt, so it's important to choose one that suits your needs and interests. Do some research in advance and read reviews from other travelers before making your decision.
- Dress appropriately. In Egyptian culture, it's important to dress modestly, especially when visiting religious sites. Wear loose, comfortable clothing that covers your arms and legs, and consider bringing a scarf or headcovering to wear when necessary.
Safety Measures for Tourists in Egypt
If you're planning a trip to Egypt, it's important to be aware of the potential dangers and take precautions to ensure your safety. So you have to read here are some safety tips for tourists:
- Avoid travel to areas near the border with Israel or Sudan, as there is a risk of terrorist attack.
- Be careful when using ATM machines and only use machines in public areas with lighting.
- Keep your valuables safe by storing them in a hotel safe or security box.
- Avoid walking alone at night, especially in lonely places.
- When using taxis, only use licensed cabs and make sure the driver uses the meter.
By following these safety measures, you can help ensure a safe and enjoyable trip to Egypt.
Accommodation Options in Egypt
There are a variety of accommodation options available in Egypt, from camping and hostels to luxury hotels. Prices vary depending on the type of accommodation and the location, but there are plenty of options to suit all budgets.
For those looking for a budget-friendly option, there are a number of camping sites and hostels located around the country. These provide basic facilities and are often located in more remote areas, away from the hustle and bustle of the cities.
For those wanting something a little more comfortable, there is a wide range of hotels available across Egypt. These vary in price depending on their location and amenities, but there are plenty of mid-range options that offer great value for money.
Finally, for those wanting to splash out on luxurious accommodation, there are a number of 5-star hotels located in major cities such as Cairo and Luxor. These provide top-of-the-line facilities and service, but come at a premium price.
Important Sites to See When Visiting Egypt
If you're planning a trip to Egypt, there are some must-see sites that you won't want to miss. From the Great Pyramids of Giza to the Valley of the Kings, there is plenty to explore in this ancient country.
The first stop on any Egypt itinerary should be the Great Pyramids of Giza. These iconic structures have been standing for over 4,000 years and are truly a sight to behold. While there, be sure to also visit the nearby Sphinx and take a camel ride around the pyramids for a truly memorable experience.
Next, head to Luxor to see some of Egypt's most impressive ancient temples. The Karnak Temple Complex is particularly awe-inspiring, as it is the largest temple complex in all of Egypt. Don't forget to also check out the Valley of the Kings, where you can see the tomb of Tutankhamun, before heading back to Cairo.
And finally, no trip to Egypt would be complete without a cruise down the Nile River. Relax on board a traditional felucca boat as you float past lush vegetation and small villages. It's a great way to experience another side of Egypt away from the crowded cities.
Must Have Experiences in Egpyt
If you’re thinking of Egypt as solely a land of pyramids and ancient history, think again. The country has so much more to offer visitors, from stunning desert landscapes to thriving modern cities. Here are some of the must-have experiences you need to add to your Egypt travel itinerary:
- A Nile River Cruise – No trip to Egypt would be complete without a cruise along the Nile, the world’s longest river. You can choose from a variety of cruise options, ranging from short day-trips to longer multi-day cruises that include stops at various ancient sites along the way.
- A Visit to the Pyramids – Of course, no trip to Egypt would be complete without a visit (or two) to the magnificent pyramids. These iconic structures have stood the test of time and remain one of the most popular tourist attractions in Egypt.
- An Excursion to Luxor – Luxor is home to some ofEgypt’s most impressive ancient monuments, including the Valley of the Kings and Karnak Temple. A day or two spent exploring this amazing city is an absolute must for any traveler to Egypt.
- A Safari in the Sinai Desert – The Sinai Desert is one of Egypt’s most unique and beautiful regions. A safari tour is a great way to explore this area, and you’ll likely have the opportunity to see some incredible wildlife, like camels and desert
Money Matters: How To Pay For Goods and Services In Egpyt
When travelling to Egypt, it is important to know how to pay for goods and services. In most cases, you will be able to use your credit card. However, there are some places where only cash is accepted. There are also some places where tipping is expected. Here is a guide to paying for goods and services in Egypt:
Credit Cards: Credit cards are widely accepted in Egypt. You will be able to use your credit card at most hotels, restaurants, and shops. When using your credit card, you should be aware of the exchange rate that will be applied.
Cash: There are some places where only cash is accepted. This includes many small businesses and street vendors. It is always a good idea to have some cash on hand when travelling in case you need it.
Tipping: Tipping is not required in Egypt, but it is appreciated. If you receive good service, it is customary to leave a tip of 10-15%.
Cultural Differences to be Aware Of When Visiting Egpyt
When it comes to American visitors, there are a few key cultural differences to be aware of before traveling to Egypt. For one, Egyptians are very hospitable and love to entertain guests in their homes. It's not uncommon for an Egyptian family to invite American tourists over for a meal or coffee, so it's important to be respectful of their customs and traditions. Secondly, Egyptians are very religious and devout Muslims. As such, visitors should be mindful of their religious beliefs and avoid offending them in any way. Finally, Egyptians are extremely proud of their country and its history, so it's important to show interest and appreciation when learning about Egyptian culture.
Visiting Egypt is an unforgettable experience. From the ancient cities to exploring the desert, it's a journey that will stay with you forever. By following this guide and our tips, you should be able to enjoy your time in Egypt without any worries or complications. With the right preparation and research, there's no reason why your holiday shouldn't be full of amazing memories. So go ahead and discover all that Egypt has to offer!
Top 10 Honolulu flights Deal
- Cheap Flights from Los Angeles to Honolulu, Hawaii Round Trip only $193
- Cheap Flights from Austin, Texas to Honolulu, Hawaii Round Trip only $228
- Cheap Flights from New York to Honolulu, Hawaii Round Trip only $332
- Cheap Flights from Portland, Oregon to Honolulu, Hawaii Round Trip only $215